We consider it our social duty to protect and safeguard all personal information we obtain and handle through our business in the mail order sale of overseas and domestic souvenirs and travel goods, and we strictly comply with laws and regulations on the protection of individual rights and personal information.
Seeking to achieve the policy described below, we have created a personal information protection management system and follow the latest developments in information technology, changing social needs, and the business climate to make ongoing improvements across the company.
Personal information is obtained, used, and/or provided within the scope required for carrying out business in the mail order sale of overseas and domestic souvenirs and travel goods; for hiring of personnel; and for human resources management. Personal information is never used beyond the intended scope outlined herein and elsewhere.
We strictly comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and all other applicable laws, statutes, and regulations.
Reasonable safety measures are taken to prevent the leak or loss of, or damage to, personal information. To that end, investments are made pursuant to the scope of each business and an ongoing information security system is maintained and updated.
In the event of any discrepancy, corrective action will be taken immediately.
We act with alacrity and sincerity in taking appropriate measures to address inquiries and/or complaints concerning the handling of personal information.
Our personal information protection management system takes into account changing circumstances and is revised accordingly on an ongoing basis, with continuous improvements made.
In addition to distributing this policy to all personnel and making them aware of it, it is listed on our web site, pamphlets, and other media, making it available at any time.
Personal information policy
1. Office name
2. Administrator name, affiliation, and point of contact
Internal Control Division
Point of contact: telephone -- 03-5144-5726 (9:00 AM-5:30 PM; excludes weekends and holidays)
3. Use of personal information
1) Personal information obtained during inquiries
• Response to inquiries
2) Personal information obtained at time of member registration
• Account registration
• Mailing of newsletters, catalogs, and direct mail
• To notify users of new products, products and services offered in collaboration with partner firms, and about surveys and questionnaires
3) Personal information obtained when registering for newsletter
• Mailing of newsletters
4) Personal information obtained when replying to surveys
• Aggregating in a non-identifying way and statistically analyzing and publishing results
• Mailing of gifts
4. Provision of personal information to third parties
Excluding the cases below, customers’ personal information is not disclosed to third parties.
1. Where consent has been obtained from the individual
2. Where required to by law
3. Where required to protect the life, health, or property of a person and where consent from the owner of the personal information proves difficult to obtain
4. Where required for the promotion of public health or the sound education of children and where consent from the owner of the personal information proves difficult to obtain
5. Where requested to cooperate with a national organ, local municipal organ, or an agent thereof for the legal execution of duties and where obtaining advance consent from the owner of the personal information would hinder said execution.
6. Where outsourcing all of part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the intended purposes towards the smooth operation of our business
In the cases above, customer personal information is sent in an electronic format with appropriate safety measures taken.
5. Outsourcing of handling of personal information
In order to provide better services to our customers, we outsource part of our work.
Personal information may be entrusted to contractors with whom we work.
In this case, we select and appoint contractors deemed to handle personal information in an appropriate fashion and establish contractual measures for the proper management of personal information and confidentiality, establishing terms for the prevention of leaks.
6. Requests for disclosure of personal information
If you wish to request disclosure (notification of purposes of use; disclosure of; revision of, addition to, or deletion of content; suspension of use and/or deletion; and/or suspension of provision to third parties) of your own personal information, please contact our hotline.
Having confirmed your identity, we will endeavor to respond within a reasonable timeframe.
For details on filing a disclosure request, et cetera, please refer to the Personal Information Disclosure Request Procedures section of our web site.
7. Voluntary nature of provision of personal information
The decision to provide our firm with personal information is left to your discretion.
However, where we are unable to receive the requisite information, we may be unable to properly provide you with the services you seek.
8. Obtaining information by means not personally identifiable
Cookies are a file that is saved on your computer when you visit a web site. It contains details on data sent between your browser and the server, details of form submissions, etc.
When you access the same page again, cookies are used by the site operator to display content customized to you or to simplify retention of your settings.
If you have allowed cookie sending and receipt in your browser, web sites will obtain cookies from you.
For security purposes, your browser will only send cookies previously received from that specific web site’s server.
• To use previously-saved information to offer customized services and functionality when a user logs in
• To serve content and advertisements tailored to the user based on past browsing activity
• To monitor site user data and traffic
• To improve site services
• To prompt the user to re-enter a password (re-authenticate) where, for security reasons, the user is logged out after a given period of inactivity
As part of outsourcing the trafficking of advertisements on this site to other site operators, cookies from this site are retained and referenced when making connections through other sites.
9. Obtaining and use of non-personally identifiable attribute data and activity logs
This site makes use of programs offered by advertisers in order to distribute targeted advertisements on specific sites based on user behavior (trafficking advertisements based on the interests of users as gleaned from their browsing activity).
Cookies are used to obtain data on activity of users on the sites. (This data does not contain personally identifiable information)
If you do not wish to receive advertisements, you can opt out from the advertiser’s opt-out page and disable cookies.
When changing browsers, deleting cookies, or switching to a new computer, these settings must be reconfigured.
Users can elect to not use Yahoo! Japan cookies via the advertising opt-out page
If you have not opted out, cookies from Yahoo! Japan, Google, and third-party vendors or ad networks may also be used.
Opt-out pages are found below.
• Yahoo! opt-out page
• Google opt-out page
10. Name of certified personal information protection group and address to direct complaints
Certified personal information protection body of which we are a member: Japan Information Processing and Development Center
Complaint resolution: Personal Information Protection Complaint Hotline
Address: Roppongi First Building, 12th Floor, 1-9-9 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 106-0032
Telephone numbers: 03-5860-7565 and 0120-700-779 (toll-free)
11. Web site encryption
All areas of the site that request entry of personal information from users make use of an encrypted data system using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).
In addition, firewalls and other mechanisms are used to protect information within the site.
Given the nature of Internet telecommunications, this is not intended as a warranty as to the completeness of security. Thank you for your understanding.